In het buitenland
In the document below you can find a short explanation of the CWO sailing certificates. This is the same text as can be found on the back of all CWO certificates. At this moment there is no official translation of the specific demanded items needed for an certain certificate.
Explanation of CWO instructor qualifications
- 2 or c: the instructor is competent to teach beginners (under supervision).
- 3 or A: the instructor is competent to teach beginners (ISSA level I)
- 4 of B: the instructor is competent to teach advanced techniques (ISSA level II)
- O: this person is competent to train and assess instructors (ISSA level III)
CWO approvals in 2011
The CWO training system is through the Royal Netherlands Yachting Union (Koninklijk Nederlands Watersportverbond) nationally and internationally recognized by the following authorities:
- Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport (VWS)
- Netherlands Olympic Committee * Netherlands Sports Federation
- Academy for Coach Education (ASK)
- World Sailing
More information about the Dutch national sailings scheme in English can be found on the website of World Sailing.